Sunday, November 8, 2009

Fall in TX

Fall in TX is nothing to write home about, not scenery-wise anyway. You can spot a few trees changing to oranges and yellows if you look for them but we also have a lot of evergreen Live Oaks and other trees that just go straight to brown and dead-looking. Temperature-wise though we can't complain. We get the occasional cool, windy, rainy day but lately its been near perfect weather. Blue skies all around, a light breeze, temps in the high 70s! That would explain why you've seen recent pics of us in shorts, T's, and/or sandals. I try to explain to people that Fall in TX is a lot like Summer in Alaska. When my neighbors don tennis shoes and light jackets, I'm still in T's and flip flops. They say "aren't you cold?" Nope, I'm from Alaska, this feels like summer.

After the horrible, sad, and scary events of Thursday it seemed like a good day to go somewhere simple and peaceful. I took the kids to a favorite park, one with a nice stream running by. A place to play, walk the trail, feed the ducks, observe that there is indeed a change in the trees, and apparently a place for them to roll in the sand! Good thing I'm not one of those "Don't get all dirty!" kind of moms.

2 comments:

alexandra s.m. said...

Oh I thought of you...it is such a tragedy, it's good to visit you and see these beautiful pure faces!

xox

jen@odbt said...

Great pic of D - he's got such a great smile.