If you watch closely you can usually score really cheap deals on seasonal items that the stores put on clearance after the big day. If you're willing to dig through some of the junk you can even find items that really aren't so "seasonal" and you can stash them away for your next birthday party goodie bags or other occasion that is sure to come up. I waited long enough that these "Easter" balls were 90% off and came to about 10 cents per ball! I thought they'd be a nice end of school gift for Cali's preschool classmates.
I simply went on MS Word and typed up a little note. I definitely wanted to use the phrase "Have a ball this summer!" Cali actually objected! Oh well, she is only 5 I still get a say in this :) We also added "It was fun being your friend" and "Have fun at Kindergarten next year!" And you can see I had her write her friends' names and sign her own at the bottom. They are wrapped in the flip top plastic baggies with the tag stapled on. Just an easy-peasy fun surprise to say goodbye to her pre-school friends, many of which will be at different schools next year.





















3 comments:
Super cute! You're so creative :)
I love clearance deals. What a nice idea for classmate gifts.
what a great idea! i always love the clearance bins for deals too!
Post a Comment