Saturday, November 17, 2007

Been Busy

I've still been learning all sorts of new things, just been a little busy to get in here and jot them down. Here's a couple new things for you...

  • Ripe cranberries bounce, that is a big part of how they get sorted for sale. The first guy who figured this out tossed a bucketful down his staircase and the ones that made it to the bottom were the ripe ones. Source: Food Network and Wondertime Magazine (two mentions in two days, figured it was a sign I should blog it).
  • Your taste buds actually change at high altitudes, thats why airplane food always tastes so crappy. Source: Food Network, Next Iron Chef
  • I saw how firefighter jackets are made and learned all kinds of interesting details that go into it, none of which I can really remember a week later... Source: Discovery Channel, How Its Made
  • I learned how to make my own granola bars from scratch, and I learned I should read all the directions because I used an 8x8 glass dish instead of the jelly roll pan it suggested, they were too thick and didn't cook all the way through so it didn't stick together into bar form. So I just made some really yummy granola, next time I'll try to get them into bar form. Inspiration: Sarah Snow's visit to Jon & Kate plus 8

1 comment:

Jessica Ryan said...

waiting waiting waiting... haven't learned anything new in a while! Hope all is Okie Dokie!