Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Photo Re-Cap: November

To make up for my long hiatus I will do a quick photo recap of each month I missed out on.

The end of the kids' first soccer season.
My parents made the long trip down from Alaska to visit us and see our new home. We made sure to put Dad to work while he was here too. He helped finish the huge treehouse, helped us cut down three pine trees, (one of which was used to frame a sandbox) and we built a fire pit which has already been enjoyed many times for backyard hot dog & s'mores nights. Granny & Papa even treated the kids to an early Christmas present and bought the slide for the end of the treehouse.

Before they headed back North, my parents couldn't leave here without visiting the beach at least once! We headed for Myrtle Beach and had the most beautiful day for it. Beach was practically empty other than a few walkers. I didn't quite bring the right clothes for the kids (it was Novemeber after all!) and they are such magnets to water that they ended up head to toe soaking wet and little D even ended up down to his undies most of the time. Unfortunately Dave had to work this day but it is definitely on our to-do list to take him down there as soon as the weather is nice enough again.
Thanksgiving Day we were thankful to have our dear friends here invite us over for the big meal. I made some sides and desserts but we also had time to just spend as a family. I had bought a bag of mixed beans and we all made hand turkeys.

And just because we all looked nice for Thanksgiving dinner, I made everyone sit on the porch for a family picture before we went over to our friend's. This ended up being our Christmas card photo this year. It makes me laugh because Cali's shoe had fallen off and she spent the whole time trying to put it back on but she looked at the camera and smiled anyway. (I use the self-timer and set it to take 10 photos in a row).

1 comment:

Team Manager said...

I'm lovin' the posts, Andrea...and the pics. I can't wait to see the final pics of the treehouse. It sounds like life is good, out at Bragg. I'm so happy for you guys.