Monday, September 24, 2007

Stains

  • To remove stains - Pour boiling water over the stain ASAP. Source: Cookie Magazine.

Supposedly very effective, but not sure how practical it is. I mean who has boiling water handy when you really need it? And as a busy mom I don't even have time to boil some if I am home and happen to notice a stain right away. I usually don't notice them til they're out of the dryer and by then its way too late. I'll let you know if I ever try it, and you let me know if you do.

4 comments:

Midwest Miscellany said...

Hey, you read Cookie too! I like it, even though it is a tad snooty. I'd like to pretend I can afford all that stuff. About the stains, I always heard that heat sets stains, so I would really have to see if that works or not. Let me know if it works!

Leah said...

I never would have thought of that. I am a tad scared to try it cause like Wilma said I though that heat set stains. Hmmm.

Andrea said...

I just realized too you have to take the clothes off to do it, right? So that adds another glitch in the convenience factor. Just imagine you're at your friends, get a stain and say "Hey can you boil me some water while I take my pants off?"

Jessica Ryan said...

Um... does Cookie tell you how to remove red crayon from your very favorite white Tshirt and white linen shorts?