Sunday, August 9, 2009

Never Ending Summer

Seems like Summer will never end here in TX. Especially considering my hometown is already down to day time highs in the 50's. August was always the very end of Summer when I was growing up. Full of fishing and harvesting the garden and cool, wet days when the sun started setting at a more "normal" time in the evening. Snow would be coming soon, snow that would last from October thru April. When Dave & I got married in September 2002, it had snowed the day before. I stood in my wedding dress on my parents front lawn shivering and shivering. My nose is red in all the pictures because I was so cold! So its still unusual for me to think of August as "Summer" and still be enduring the 100*F+ heat every day. We go to the water parks, play in the kiddie pool, or stay in the A/C. If we do head to a park its either early or late in the day, we seek the shade and always keep a full water bottle nearby. We treat ourselves to ice cold lemonade, popsicles, ice cream, and juicy watermelon. The end of Summer is nowhere in sight for us just yet.

1 comment:

jen@odbt said...

We're about to experience the first heat wave of the summer here. Hard to believe it's been so mild. Glad you're having fun staying cool though.