I had a few camisoles I was setting aside for Goodwill this week. I have a year-long goal of de-cluttering before our potential move next Spring so I pull things out I no longer need/use as I find them. Cali happened to see the camisoles and kept telling me how pretty they were. She could use a few "new" nighttime things so I had an idea....
You will need a cute adult-size camisole, scissors, and about 5 minutes.
1. Cut straps
This one had adjustable straps and a plastic ring where the strap attached to the back so I cut off the whole adjustable part but kept the ring.
2. Estimate how long the straps should be and tie a knot
With the rings on this camisole I slipped the strap through that and tied a knot there. On another version with regular spaghetti straps I snipped the strap in the middle and tied the two ends together at the top of the shoulder.
3. Fit on your little one, make adjustments as needed and trim the ends. Make sure the straps are short enough now that the chest is covered and straps won't slip off the shoulders.

This is the simplest version with no sewing involved. I'm sure you could do something fancier with the straps (possibly add beads?) and if you want it to be more fitted you could take in the side seams.
Friday, August 21, 2009
No-Sew Camisole Conversion
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




















No comments:
Post a Comment