We've learned from past years that carving pumpkins holds the kids' interest for all of 2 minutes, especially since they don't get to do the actual carving. So this year we went for painting their pumpkins instead. This is just step one... putting on a nice base coat of "real" (aka not washable) paint, later we added glitter paint and tomorrow they'll be able to add stickers.

Saturday, October 17, 2009
Painting Pumpkins
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




















2 comments:
So glad I stopped by this morning...I have been eyeing all the pumpkins for sale and the carving doesn't do well at our house either. It's a lot of mess for a lot of chaos and frustration for the kids (and us!) We'll be painting this week instead! Thanks!
What a great idea, Andrea! I'm sure they had tons more fun painting.
BTW, is there a Fire Prevention Month event in our area? If you know of one, please let me know. I want to take my kids, but I haven't seen anything about it anywhere. Thanks! =)
Post a Comment