Sunday, February 13, 2011

The Missing "Moving" Pictures

I mentioned that I didn't seem to have any photos of the actual moving process, but as I browsed the files I did find this compilation of iphone photos...

We made a special trip to IKEA in Texas to buy some goods for the new house in NC, we knew the IKEA here was 3 hours away and decided it would be easier to put the stuff we already wanted in a trailer and take it with us.


Final cleaning of the empty house, and we already had renters ready to move in, yay!


Heading out! I drove the car, Dave in the Trailblazer with the trailer, one kid in each vehicle to keep the peace. We also invested in two portable DVD players for the 3 day drive. They worked so well, it was so quiet in the car I got really bored with no one to talk to!


Pit stop! Finally made it out of Texas.


My lively passenger.


After 3 very long days, we finally, finally made it. We had our wonderful friends here ready with our guest beds. The kids literally stripped down and jumped in the pool with their friends within 5 minutes of pulling in the driveway. Freedom!


After a wonderful night's sleep in a real home we had to hurry and meet our movers the very next day! Did I mention we hadn't even closed on the house yet... oh and we hadn't even seen it in person either! We did go and peek from the outside the night we arrived, then had to get special permission to get the key before all the papers were signed. I stayed at the house with the movers, Dave went to sign the papers, then the realtor brought the papers to me to finish signing while many boxes had already been moved in.

This mess was courtesy of Diego... I had asked him to throw the two boxes out the door. He took some liberty and threw whatever else he felt like too.

3 comments:

Woolverton Girl said...

I'm glad you found some pictures. i remember seeing some of them. We miss you guys, but I hope you are enjoying your new home!

Tracy Morris said...

That is crazy about moving in before closing!! And without ever seeing the house in person...I guess being a homeowner before it's not a big deal but that would give me a heart attack haha!!

We made the drive from TX to the east coast (NJ) 3 times and that is quite a drive. I'm happy to never do it again!!

Team Manager said...

We've rented without seeing before but I don't know if I could buy before seeing. I guess you prob relied on your friends there to look for you, huh? It must have been nice to have the house search over with and no need for hotel stays.