Tuesday, October 9, 2007

Sad News


On Monday I learned some very sad news. My family's dog, Brandy, had to be put down. She was our family pet ever since I was in the 6th grade. I remember the day my dad brought her home (all the way from MO to AK in our new motor home) like it was yesterday. She was the sweetest, cutest, softest little puppy. My dad is taking it pretty hard, they were very close and he will miss her for a long time. He was the one that had to take her in, my mom did it for our first dog Prissy and she said she could never do that again. They made her a nice grave and headstone in their front yard where they can see it out their front windows. I am so sad she is gone and sad for my parent's loss. The picture was taken last November as she so patiently sat while Cali brushed her with a babydoll brush.

5 comments:

Angela said...

I am so sorry to hear about Brandy. Losing a pet is so hard. We lost my childhood dog when I was in college and it really had an effect on me because I wasn't there to say goodbye. Hugs to you! Love your blog!

Team Manager said...

What a sweet picture of Brandy and Cali. It sounds like Brandy lived a long, wonderful life. I'm sure she brought a lot of joy to the entire family. Sorry for your loss.

Tracy Morris said...

So sorry to hear about Brandy. It is so very hard to lose a pet. They become a part of the family. It seems that Brandy lived an awesome life, and will be remembered forever.

Midwest Miscellany said...

Rest in peace Brandy. It sounds like she gave your family so much love and attention. What a sweet and special dog!

Woolverton Girl said...

I'm sorry for your loss. I know in most cases your pets are like family. My father-in-law recently lost his dog, also named Brandy. So, I know personally how hard it is and I'm saddened to hear about your dog. HUGS!!