I'm procrastinating, I should be cleaning my house, and sometimes I just need to make something. Inspired by Cali's new-found talent for drawing people. She's not even 3 yet so as her mom I'm highly impressed and was quite surprised when about a month ago she suddenly drew a picture of the four of us and even added our dog Huey. Funny thing.. Huey looked exactly the same as us people. She has since started adding extra legs and a tail for Huey. For some reason this little project popped into my head: to use felt scraps to create a 3-D version of her "people". Disclaimer: I never claimed to be good at sewing, I hardly even like sewing, so lets just call this "rustic" and remember its for a not-quite-3-year-old.
The inspiration
The 3-D plush version
Sunday, August 10, 2008
Just Because...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




















4 comments:
Oh my goodness, that is awesome, I love you and think you are a talented craftswomen. I love you and miss you guys.
David
I just can't stop laughing! What did Cali think of this little person??
She refused to look at it then said D could have it. I wasn't too surprised. It does look pretty crazy.
Oh Andrea!What a fabulous idea and so well done!!These little beasts are quite popular these days!!I hope you'll make more?!I would love to see the whole family in felt!
alexox
Post a Comment