Thursday, August 7, 2008

Preemies

I had the wonderful privilege today of meeting three tiny new little people that joined the world on June 23rd 2008. Our family friends were blessed with triplets that were born about 10 weeks early and thankfully are all doing very well. With Dave's mom in town this past week I finally had a chance to go meet them. It was such a great experience, they were so cute and small and adorable and looking so strong and healthy. You could tell right away it is an excellent facility with very caring and professional staff. It is the same hospital D had hernia surgery at back in May and they were just wonderful for us too. Two of the boys were sleeping peacefully the whole time, and the other I just happened to be there at his feeding time and they let me do the honors! It was amazing to hold that tiny baby in my arms and to realize that when you are 7 & 8 months pregnant there is already this completely formed tiny little baby human inside you. Its something everyone should experience if they get the chance.

2 comments:

alexandra s.m. said...

Hi Andrea,
Sounds like a very profound experience.About the dried strawberries...would you happen to have a Whole Foods not too far away from you? I'm sure any "health" store would carry them but they are a bit pricey, you know Costco carries wonderful dried fruits ( I've tried all of them)they have dark cherries and cranberries,it's not strawberries but still red and sweet right?
Let me know!
alexox

Andrea said...

Thanks I tried Whole Foods when I was in Austin friday but didn't see any int he bulk section. They those small tubs of them in the produce but they are quite expensive for our budget. I'll keep looking, may have to check amazon.com. thanks!