Click for Preview and several clips.
I had wanted to take the kids to see this on Earth Day but that whole week was pretty hectic for us so we didn't make it. Originally I thought it was only playing on Earth Day so I was happy to find out that it is still playing... at a theater near you! I had to run an errand this evening that took us to that side of town and I realized as I was driving over there it would be a great night to go since its all too wet to do anything outside.
If you're familiar with the Planet Earth BBC series I would describe this movie as a "best of" from that series. All of the footage is taken directly from the series and condensed into a movie format. This is a documentary of real wildlife done with amazing cinematography. The kids absolutely loved it and were in awe of all the beautiful, incredible animals and landscapes we saw. There was never a dull moment and they sat still for the full 1:45 length (I'm sure the popcorn helped too). Do be aware there are some dramatic chase scenes that DO end in the predator catching the prey. They left out the blood but they do show baby animals in the mouths of their predators. And as scared as my kids are of even the most popular Disney movies (they won't watch half the scenes in Finding Nemo), they didn't get upset or scared one time during this movie. They are huge animal lovers though and I have always been honest with them about the food chain and the fact that animals do eat other animals. I would highly recommend this movie to anyone and any age. You will be in awe of the beauty, the complexity and the diversity of our planet.
Tuesday, April 28, 2009
Earth (the movie)
Posted by
Andrea
at
6:21 PM
Labels: family fun
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




















2 comments:
love the earth day video.
cheers!
I was thinking of taking Zander to that. In fact, I had thought about asking if you guys wanted to go with us, but it looks like you bet us to it. I don't think Jason would like it and it's pretty long, so I'm not sure if Zander would sit through the whole thing. I'm glad you guys went though!
Post a Comment