Wednesday, April 29, 2009

8 of 52

Forever In Blue Jeans

Saying goodbye, yes my dear husband was off to the sandbox (again) as of last week. Last time I was pregnant with a toddler to chase then caring for 2 under 2, this time I have two little ones who will dearly miss their Daddy.


I was so thankful to my friend Vanessa for inviting us out to her property the day after he left to spend a very peaceful morning among the bluebonnets, letting the kids run wild together. I couldn't think of any better way to spend our first day of the deployment.

This one is from Tuesday after we made a video of her "reading" a story she had "written" for Daddy so we could email it to him.


PS I just noticed I'm wearing the same purple shirt from last weeks pic, I guess you can see its a new favorite.

*************************************************************************************
Are you the Mom who's always taking pictures and look back only to realize you aren't IN any of them? Do your kids look through photo albums and ask "Where were you Mommy?" Well, Carin over at Forever in Blue Jeans decided to change all that and challenges any one who's interested to do the same. So hand over the camera, or at least figure out the self-timer and get on the other side of the lens more often. Post your photos of you enjoying time with your family every Thursday and share the link with other Mom's by posting it on Carin's blog. You can start any time with week 1 of 52, don't worry about being "behind" just jump on in.

15 comments:

Carin said...

Oh Andrea, this hit's home for me. The first picture is so touching. My husband may not be deployed but I do know how rough it can be. I have been thinking about you alot since I knew he would be leaving soon. Sorry he is gone, please know that I am thinking of you and I'll keep you in my prayers too.

Midwest Miscellany said...

That first picture of you and your husband is so beautiful. I hope the time will just fly by and you'll be able to hold each other like that again.

More Than Words said...

Those are great pictures!! I can't imagine how hard it is to take care of little ones while your hubby is deployed! How long will he be gone?

Kristen, pajama mama said...

I'm so sorry he had to go back...it's a beautiful picture of the two of you. praying for protection for your entire family,
kristen

Anonymous said...

I'm sorry your husband had to leave again. The first picture makes my heart ache for you! I'll keep you in my prayers!

Kate said...

All of your pictures were so heartfelt. I will keep you and your family in my thoughts. Also I love blue bonnetts. What a lovely place to spend a tough day! I hope for your husband's speedy return, and just know you have lots of people praying for you. :)

Robyn said...

The picture of you and your hubby is beautiful. Thank you for sharing them all with us. I will keep your family in my prayers.

Woolverton Girl said...

I'm glad you guys had so much fun. I hope we can do it again soon! I really love the picture of you and Dave! We will try to help this deployment go by fast for you guys.

Darcie said...

My heart is feeling for you too! What a beautiful picture of the two of you to hold onto while he is gone. Our thoughts will be with your family!

jen@odbt said...

I love the photo of you & your husband - so much love. I will keep you all in my prayers.

Anonymous said...

Oh My.. That pic of you and David made me cry, it is so REAL.I pray the days fly by, and God is with all of us. I love you guys so much..Francine

Shasta said...

Those are wonderful pictures & memories! You are such a strong mom & wife!

Cass said...

Great photos Andrea. Good luck with the road you had a ahead, I can't imagine how you do it along. What a strong woman you must be! You are in my thoughts.

The J's said...

Wow! Thinking of you! Beautiful pictures, and how nice to have a friend!

Anonymous said...

What a post. This is yet another reason to keep photos of you in the forefront. He'll love to see your faces, loving him from so far away. Thinking of you...