Getting all ready to start my online photography workshop with Maggie Holmes next week. In her intro letter she recommended this lens (or equivalent if your camera is not Canon) and since it was right at $100 (very affordable as far as lenses go!) I went for it. I already love it, but can't wait to really get to know it better. Basically,it is ideal for portraits, especially in low light situations like inside your home and since the aperture can go as low as f/1.8 you get that great blurred background effect that really makes your subject stand out.



Thursday, July 30, 2009
Canon 50 mm f/1.8
Posted by
Andrea
at
12:16 PM
Labels: photography
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




















3 comments:
Ooooo!!!! I have that lens and I love it! I can't wait to read what you learn about it. :)
You know I was totally admiring your indoor shots the other day from when you were cooking with your son. Was that the lens you used? I was really wondering how you got such great indoor shots.
Don't you just love that 50mm f/1.8! I love mine. It is a great lens for portraits. The bokeh coming from something that costs so little is amazing. Let me know if you want to shoot together some time. I'll have to ask Ms. Julie Rivera if she can join us and teach us a few things. :) Have fun in your photography class!
Post a Comment