Thursday, July 9, 2009

Eat Your Peas!

You're really just going to have to trust me on this one... or believe me when I say 3 out of 3 scrapbookers agree its really tasty!


Robin Miller's White Bean-Green Pea Gaucamole

2 cups frozen peas, thawed
1 cup canned white beans, drained
2-3 cloves garlic
2 tsp fresh lime juice
1 tsp ground cumin
1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
salt and freshly ground black pepper

In a medium bowl, blender, or food processor, combine first 5 ingredients. Mash with a fork or process until as smooth or lumpy as you like. Fold in cilantro and season to taste w/ salt & pepper. Cover tightly and keep refrigerated up to 3 days.

Serve with chicken quesadillas or as dip, I like Baked Tostitos Scoops.

And if you're still hesitant I promise it does not taste a bit like peas!

2 comments:

alexandra s.m. said...

Hi there Anrea,
Thanks for the recipe, it does sound delicious, perfect for a picnic!
xox

jen@odbt said...

I love guacamole so this is a nice alternative. Thanks for the recipe.