This was so delicious, so easy to make, and the kids even helped with the whole thing. I will give you both the version I made (to feed us 3) and the original.
Chicken Enchilada Bake (small version)
1 cup cooked chicken, cubed
2 roma tomatoes, diced
1/4 can green enchilada sauce
1/3 cup sour cream
4 wheat tortillas cut into 1" x 1.5" strips
1 cup shredded mexican blend cheese
5 green onions, sliced
Preheat oven to 375* and grease a 9" pie plate. Combine tomatoes, enchilada sauce, and sour cream. In the pie plate layer chicken, sauce, tortillas, and cheese. Top w/ green onions. Cover and bake for 20 min. Uncover and bake 10 more min or until golden & bubbly. Let stand 15 min before serving.
Chicken Enchilada Bake
4 1/2 cups cooked chicken
1 can (28 oz) green enchilada sauce
1 1/4 cups sour cream
9 tortillas cut into 1" x 1.5" strips
4 cups shredded cheese
Use a 13x9 baking dish. Layer half of chicken, sauce, sour cream, tortillas & cheese. Repeat layers. Cover and bake 40 min at 375*, uncover and bake 10 minutes longer. Let rest 15 min before serving.
Saturday, August 1, 2009
Chicken Enchilada Bake
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




















3 comments:
that sounds Delicious Andrea!! Thanks for sharing!!
xox
I'll be making it too! Thanks!
Thanks for your comment, Andrea. I am going to try this over the next few days, and take a photo, and will post on my blog in a week or two - thanks! It sounds awesome!
Post a Comment