I ran across this fun idea quite awhile ago, but just made my very first muffin tin meals for the kids' lunch today. First I had to find the right muffin tins. I only had the 12-cup kind and really needed 6-cups so each kid could have their own just the right size. Lucky me, I found two heart shaped silicon muffin "tins" on clearance a while back, but still hadn't used them. Today was the day. Here was my creation and yes they thoroughly enjoyed this great "surprise". The hardest part was keeping them out of the kitchen long enough so I could actually surprise them with it. They were in the dining room trying to guess "is it cupcakes? is it cake? is it pie?" Although it was none of the above, they were still excited for their special lunch and dove right in.
From top right: grapes, cheese cubes, crinkle cut carrots w/ Ranch, Wheat Ritz, ham, Yoplait yogurt w/ sprinkles


Make sure you visit Her Cup Overfloweth for the official Muffin Tin Monday and see all the creative ideas from other Muffin Tin Moms.
Sunday, August 9, 2009
Muffin Tin Meals
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




















7 comments:
Yum - that looks delicious and fun! What a cute idea.
Thanks so much for joining in on muffin tin monday! yogurt with sprinkles is a fave of ours! The whoe tin looks super yummy!
Thanks so much for joining us, hope to see you this week too!
So glad to have a new Muffin Tin friend - YAY! That looks very yummy - this is the best way to feed kids (once a week - just to keep it special). Thanks for stopping by our little corner!
Yum! :) I think Muffin Tin Monday is so fun!
Thanks for visiting!! I'm loving muffin tin meals too!!! I've added you to my reader!!!
thatis so funny, I've been thinking about these for a while...I just love the concept! Just like I love the Bento box! It looks good Andrea!!
xox
What a cool idea! Thanks for sharing the link!
Post a Comment