Monday, August 18, 2008

Family Bike Rides

Sure is nice to go on a family bike ride. Now that Dave is home for awhile we can all go cruise around the neighborhood. He left his previous bike in Iraq, claiming the rough muddy roads rendered it unworthy of a return flight. So when he got back from this recent class we were ready to buy a replacement. We had a toddler seat up in the attic from when Cali was a baby. I think I used it once before I found out I was pregnant and thus not able to go bike riding. Then a few weeks ago I bought the bike trailer so I could take them both. That was OK but not for very long since they are so squished together in there I start getting a lot of complaints and problems after about 5-10 minutes. So now we are able to ride as one big happy family - Daddy with D on the back and Mommy with Cali in the trailer with 2-3 of her babies tucked in too. Yesterday we went down to the horse field then looped back around to the city park. Today we went down toward Main Street and just took random streets around that neighborhood. Its really nice to just get out and spend time together as a family and not even have to spend any money! Ok, other than the initial investment of the bike, trailer, toddler seat, helmets, etc... Oh and yes we are all now proud owners and wearers of helmets. I just read in Parents magazine an article about all the health/saftey precautions we take for our kids that we should really be taking for ourselves too. They mentioned that the vast majority of fatal bicycle accidents involve adults and last year there were only 5 (or so) involving children.

2 comments:

Woolverton Girl said...

Sounds like fun, but where are the pictures?? :)

Andrea said...

Guess I'll have to recruit Dana to take some pics for us. Hard to do it while riding : )