As soon as I read the name and the ingredient list I was eager to try this one! It was a fabulous treat for our hike on Saturday. Diego called it "cake" and I agree it can easily be considered a dessert. Delicious! This was also adapted from a Taste of Home recipe but the original made 4 loaves. I only had 1 zucchini and 1 egg on hand so I used my handy-dandy math skills to convert it to 1 loaf. I also changed the extract amounts and left out the nuts.
Pina Colada Zucchini Bread
1 1/3 cups all-purpose flour
1 cup sugar
2/3 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
1/3 tsp baking soda
1 egg
1/2 cup canola oil
1 tsp coconut rum
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 cup shredded zuchinni
1/3 cup crushed pineapple, drained
Grease a loaf pan and preheat oven to 350*F. In large bowl combine dry ingredients. In another bowl whisk together egg, oil, rum, and vanilla, then add zucchini and pineapple. Fold wet mixture into dry ingredient just until moistened. Do not over mix. Pour into pan and bake 45-55 minutes. Cool in pan for 10 minutes before removing to wire rack. Enjoy it while its still warm & fresh!
Monday, February 2, 2009
Pina Colada Zuchinni Bread
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




















1 comment:
Wow, I like zuchinni bread...Pina colada zuchinni bread I might love.
Thanks for visiting my blog. I don't know what your old background looked like but the new one's great.
Post a Comment