Friday, February 27, 2009

Texas is OK After All

About 4 1/2 years ago, when Dave was finishing up flight school, I told him if he ever got assigned to Texas I wasn't going. I was exaggerating of course, but I never in my life thought I would want to live in Texas. I just imagined it was very hot and dry and no fun. I was wrong of course because I've learned as a military child (then wife) that wherever you go there are always positives and you learn to adapt and enjoy what you have. I've really enjoyed living in TX after all and here is one of the reasons.... It is still February and this is what we were doing yesterday..(Sorry about the wind noise, I don't have a way to remove it.)



Now before you think I'm completely crazy you have to remember that I grew up in Alaska. Contrary to popular belief Alaska really can be warm in the summer. So growing up when the temperature hit the 70s and certainly the 80s we were out running through the sprinklers every chance we got. Yesterday was in the mid-80s, plenty warm enough in my book! Besides it was really Cali's idea. She couldn't wait to try out the new sprinkler D got for his birthday.

PS That's broccoli they're eating there at the end.

3 comments:

Woolverton Girl said...

Looks like fun! I almost called you today to ask if you had used your new sprinkler. Yesterday was so nice, I thought about busting out our sprinkler stuff, too! (today was a bit warm too, but I was busy working in my flower beds and setting up my garden.)

alexandra s.m. said...

wOW! I don't think I'll ever get over the difference of climates and the vasteness of this country!
( another dreary high of 24F in Chi-Town today!!)
What a lovely time to capture on film!( the rain boots with the bathing suit are just too funny!)

alexox

Andrea said...

The rainboots & swimsuit are my favorite part too :) I always think of my Northern friends on days like this. Spring really is coming...