Friday, May 1, 2009

FTF

1. Jillian's 30 Day Shred - I found this on my Time Warner Cable Exercise on Demand channel (Ch 221 here) and have done it 6 days in a row now. It is the perfect workout for us very busy mom's - only 20 minutes! And in that 20 minutes you will be dripping sweat and aching from every muscle in your body. Jillian doesn't mess around, there is "no resting", no walk-it-out, or counting each rep, you simply workout hard using every muscle in your body for 20 minutes straight. Each set is only 30 seconds or 1 minutes long and you alternate between cardio, strength moves, and abs. There is even a short warm-up and cool down included in that 20 minutes. Beware that your body WILL be sore all over and you might feel like falling over or quitting at some point but to get that good of a workout in 20 minutes you just can't beat it. I've made a rule for myself that I must do the workout before I can sit down and watch my evening TV shows. Even as busy as I am there's no "I don't have time excuse". It is by no means an easy workout but for anyone looking for a fast, efficient workout this is it. She evens says you can lose up to 5 lbs per week. If you don't have Time Warner the DVD should be easy to find at your favorite store or online for under $15.

3 comments:

Woolverton Girl said...

So, how much weight did you lose this week? I may have to make myself do that work out. But, I'll have to find the time during the day, cause I just feel silly working out in front of Jason.

jen@odbt said...

Shredding kicks my butt. That's a good rule you have, it's only 20 minutes then you can sit and really enjoy your shows. I should try that.

Darcie said...

Is that the Jillian from The Biggest Loser? She would for sure give a good workout! Awesome for you!