I just happened to spot a billboard advertising this art fest as I was driving yesterday. Good thing I Googled it right away because it was this weekend. It was a really nice event, friendly people, very well organized and planned, so many different projects for the kids, live music, puppet shows, give-aways... The weather was nice, just a little on the hot side. If Cali could have described her perfect day I think this was it: an entire day devoted to doing arts and crafts! I know she is always choosing the art station or painting easel at school and her teacher commented the other day how much she loves doing art. Even when Diego got too tired and lost interest in doing any more projects she'd just go ahead and do his project for him too. I highly recommend this event to families next year!
We ended up staying 4 hours straight (no naptime!!) and they did all of the following: ate cotton candy, painted at easels, painted a giant caterpillar, painted w/ various sponges, made play-doh, made puppets, decorated hand fans, made crazy paper hats, made & painted a wood sculpture, made koi fish kites, played at the percussion "petting zoo", had lunch, watched a puppet show, made bean art... and I
Sunday, September 20, 2009
Arts Fest
Posted by
Andrea
at
6:42 PM
Labels: family fun
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




















2 comments:
Looks like a lot of fun. Where was it?
WHAT AN ADORABLE PHOTO-SLIDE! Glad you had such a good time crafting away! ;-)
xox
Post a Comment