Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Peanut Butter Brownie Trifle

I made this special treat for my friend Vanessa's birthday.


Peanut Butter Brownie Trifle


1 box fudge brownie mix (regular size)
1/2 pkg peanut butter chips
1 pkg (13 oz) miniature peanut butter cups
2 cups cold milk
1 pkg (5.1) oz instant vanilla pudding mix
1/2 cup creamy peanut butter
2 tsp vanilla extract
12 oz frozen whipped topping, thawed

Bake brownies according to package and stir in the peanut butter chips. Bake at 350* until done (consult the box for times). Cool completely and cut into small cubes.

Cut peanut butter cups in quarters and set aside a handful for garnish.

In a large bowl whisk milk and pudding mix for 2 minutes. Let stand for 2 minutes or until soft set. Add peanut butter and vanilla, mixing well. Fold in half of the whipped topping.

In a trifle bowl, layer 1/3 of the brownies, 1/3 of the peanut butter cups then top with 1/3 of the pudding mixture. Repeat until you end with pudding mixture on top. Spread remaining whipped topping on top and sprinkle with extra peanut butter cups for garnish. Refrigerate until chilled. Enjoy!

3 comments:

Patrizzia said...

Oh my gosh that looks awesome. I make a brownie one every Thanksgiving. Mmmm!

Cindy said...

Can't wait to try this Andrea! I wish I lived closer to you so I could know you better! You are such a hard-working mom-a great mother! I am so happy your DH will be home in a couple days-I know you miss him! I am also glad you are going to get a break. It's hard to have to do it all! Hugs, Cindy:)

Jessica Ryan said...

oh..............my............god!!!! That looks AMAZING!