I saw a couple places this past week how healthy potatoes can be for you. One was an add for something like the Idaho Potato Commission saying that a white potato isn't just a bunch of bad white starch, that it actually contains more potassium than a banana. Then somewhere in the paper I read how boiling potatoes can deplete them of most of their nutrients and that FRIED potatoes actual have more of the nutrients still in them! Unfortunately there's way more fat too. The solution: boil your potatoes whole rather than cutting them up to keep more nutrients intact. Click here for full nutrition facts, you might be surprised.
Tuesday, October 14, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




















1 comment:
Or bake them! They are super yummy! Or put them in soup, then the nutrients are there in the stock.
I think the humble potato is a miracle vegetable!
Post a Comment