Today I learned you can not kill a "tarantula" with the watering hose. Yes, I had another friendly little creature outside my front door today. Click here to recall the last one and link to the photo of him if you dare. This one was bigger... much, much bigger. We got some fake spiders from the $1 Store and have them thrown around our front walkway, at first glance I thought it was one of those. On second glance it was bigger, much more detailed in coloration, and not made of rubber. It was on our Welcome mat. I must have just stepped over (to go out to the car) and D had just followed behind me too. It wasn't til we wanted back in that I saw it. I only had D's little baby sandals in my hand. The sandals were not big enough to kill this spider/tarantula, the spider/tarantula was bigger than D's size toddler-6 Tevas. I had flash backs of the awful popping sound the last one made when I smacked it and couldn't bring myself to do it again. So I grabbed the hose instead, thinking I could drown it or maybe injure it with a strong spray. No luck of course, just washed it into a corner along the siding where he crawled up inside and hid. Not only was it not dead, I now did not know where it went. I grabbed the bug spray instead and sprayed off that corner and especially across the threshold into the house. I kept checking back to see if he'd reappear and I'm happy to report he showed up quivering and near-dead this evening. Dave finished him off with his shoe and disposed of the remains. *Shudder*
Monday, October 6, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




















2 comments:
OH MY! I WOULD HAVE FREAKED OUT! GLAD NO ONE WAS BIT.. WHAT DID CALI SAY?
Tarantulas are harmless you know. Some people have them as pets in aquariums. I wouldn't, but people do. I would've freaked out had I found it. I definantly wouldn't have tried to kill it. I would've avoided it and had Jason take care of it when he got home. I guess I should get over that kind of stuff since we will be living in the country someday. :>
Post a Comment