Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Panties?

Cali started a gymnastics class a few weeks ago. She absolutely LOVES it. So much that she wants to wear her leotard throughout the week and often conducts her own "class" in the living room. I'm not quite sure about something though... Are you supposed to wear panties under a leotard? I mean its pretty much like a swimsuit right? And you wouldn't wear panties under your swimsuit. That would just be weird. Plus they really show, not just the panty-lines but half the panties hang out the sides. I could be wrong. I really don't know. Well, as we pull in the driveway after class yesterday Cali tells me "Mommy, my teacher says its ok if you don't wear panties with your leotard." Umm, Cali did you ask your teacher that? "Yes, she said its ok if you don't but some girls do. My other friends wear panties." Ugh, I'm not sure if they really do. I keep forgetting to check. I'm not sure if she really should and the teacher just told her its ok not to to be nice. I can't believe she asked the teacher that. And I still don't know for sure. Please tell me what you think...

3 comments:

Team Manager said...

I really don't know.

Marie said...

My daughter, a fellow sprite, takes dance and we were told at the start of dance class that they are not to wear panties under their leotards. Some still do of course, but seems like the rule of thumb is panties are not expected but certainly accepted.

Anonymous said...

Yep, I agree w/ Marie. I grew up dancing ballet. It is nearly impossible to find panties that will not show. Best bet is not to wear any. But, if she does, its totally fine too!