Sunday, February 8, 2009

Topsey

We've lived in this area 4 years now and never visited this cool place. The kids were so cranky this morning we had to get out of the house and do something fun. Even though its in the 70s the wind is whipping too much to have an enjoyable outdoor adventure. At Topsey you stay in the car, take a little drive and just enjoy the animals as they run up for a snack. It was so much fun. My favorite were the Zebras, and the long-haired big-horned cows (no that's not the technical name). I can't believe a Zebra stuck his whole head in my car and ate out of my hand! So cool! Oh and the little bitty baby goats were so adorable! If you go just watch out for the ornery goats that will kick your car, and beware the ostrich - that guy freaked me out!

5 comments:

Jennifer Bowen said...

Topsey Ranch is a very nice place to visit. Great images of your adventure. Love the one of the ostrich...he does look menacing. :)

Tracy Morris said...

Awww, great pics! We went to Topsey 5 or 6 times. It's a great place...though I must admit to being afraid of the ostrich and the camel! The first time we went, we didn't really know what to expect and as soon as we got in the park a ostrich stuck his head in my side of the car and stole an entire bag of food from the console in the middle.

The Ortega's said...

I've never heard of this place. Where in TX are you? We went to Fossil Rim in Glen Rose a of couple times, but this place looks a bit more "cozy." I hear you on getting cranky kiddos out of the house...I think every mom can certainly relate to that ;o)

Woolverton Girl said...

Believe it or not, I've never been there either. Looks like fun though!

Randi said...

This really looks like fun! Not everyone has a chance to get so close to some exotic animals. The zebra is awesome! :)

Thank you for all the nice comments on my blog.

You have a very nice background by the way! ;)