Among other things, we are getting loads of cucumbers from our garden this year. In the past we've grown some that were too bitter to eat but these are really tasty and really plentiful. If you have any good cucumber recipes send them my way!
And just because I'm always curious... especially when its a veggie the kids are happy to eat.. I looked up what it is that makes Cucumbers "good for you":
Cucumbers are a very good source of the vitamins C and the mineral molybdenum. They are also a good source of vitamin A, potassium, manganese, folate, dietary fiber and magnesium and contain the important mineral silica.
Taken from World's Healthiest Foods website where you can learn everything else you ever wanted to know about cucumbers. Check it out, there's a lot more to them than you might have thought!
Sunday, June 14, 2009
Cucumbers
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




















6 comments:
oh that is such a relief! my kids love them and I always thought they were low in nutrients. Phew!
My mom just made a "cucumber salad" it was just sliced cucumbers in a homemade dressing. Wish I had her recipe to share with you. My middle boy loves cucumbers.
YUM!!! I love good old plain cucumbers, sliced with some salt. I can tast it now.
Enjoy your cucumber!
I like cucumbers with rice vinegar and bit of sugar. Yum!
Ever had cucumber sandwiches? Very good! Oh...this is Denise from Shuttercal. Great blog! I am loving your recipes and will be trying the taco cup one this week for sure. I am envious that you already have crops to taste. I have another month or so to wait before getting to taste any veggies. At least I can look at your photos of them!
YEAH! You must have read my mind! I'm trying to grow cucumbers for the 1st time! Thanks for the link and congrats on your beauties! There's a delicious cold cucumber soup...just like a traditional Gazpacho but with cucumbers.
xox
Post a Comment