Out of curiosity I emailed my snake picture to a TX snake expert - Bayou Bob of the Brazos River Rattlesnake Ranch - for his professional opinion.
- it is a Nerodia, harmless water snake often called a Fish snake or sometimes a Diamondback Water snake and other local cutsie names....but NOT to worry any. Emits strong musk when aggravated or threatended, strikes readily, blusters quite well....but in the end flees away as it knows it is harmless!! Soooo, keep the faith, continued good luck, it coulda' been worse, stay safe, and 2 U there...
Happy Trails,
Bayou Bob




















4 comments:
Good to know, I would still be scared though! I'm glad he emailed you back. I'll have to tell Jason, he doesn't know as much about snakes as he thinks! Ha!
Yikes is all I have to say. Harmless or not...that is one big snake!
Oh my word...snakes!!! Harmless or not, this lady is a chicken when it comes to those creatures. Good to know it is more scare of you...and harmless.
I am thinking, it looks enough like the real bad thing, to get itself killed regardless! I am always tickled when they say "oh it isn't poisonous, it will bite still, but it isn't poisonous." Yeah well, it will bite....nough' said!
Post a Comment