Getting out of the food rut and trying some new things around here. Here was our tasty dinner from tonight.
Pineapple Marinade
1/3 cup canned pineapple juice
2 tbsp fresh lime juice
2 cloves garlic, crushed
2 tsps cumin
1/3 cup vegetable oil
1 tsp salt
1/4 tsp fresh ground pepper
Combine in a small bowl, mixing well. For added flavor reserve some marinade to brush over the chicken just before its finished cooking. Pour marinade over chicken breasts and let sit at least 1 hour before cooking.
I served ours with brown rice topped with canned pineapple.
Corn Slaw
1 can of no-sodium-added corn, drained
1 medium cucumber peeled and chopped small
1/2 can garbanzo beans, drained and rinsed
2-3 tbsp ranch dressing
handful of fresh chives, snipped
Combine all ingredients, chill in fridge at least 15 min.
I thought I'd get creative with our veggie dish tonight and I've been wanting the kids to try garbanzo beans anyway, so this is an original. It turned out really tasty... I'm thinking about adding Feta cheese to the leftovers.
Thursday, June 11, 2009
Pineapple Chicken & Corn Slaw
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




















3 comments:
I really like the idea of savory spices combined with sweet pineapple. I'm gonna try it!
sounds delicious! Thank You!
xox
Andrea --the doll is about 6 years old... my mom got it for Becca as a gift. I will try to see if my mom remembers where she got it!
Post a Comment