Friday, September 11, 2009

Ice Cube Painting

It is finally raining here! A good, long, steady rain. It's a nice change from bright, sunny 90 degree days and defnitely a good thing for our garden. I always love doing projects on rainy days so I consulted my Toddler's Busy Book... actually Cali flipped it open and said "let's do that one!"

You will need:
box, tray, or cookie sheet with a rim
powdered drink mixes
ice cubes
paper

Put paper in the tray, sprinkle with drink powder, use ice cubes to swirl the powder around. The book suggested just moving the box/tray around but we're a more hands-on bunch... note the serious potential for stained clothes and hands!

4 comments:

Trish said...

Looks like good stain worthy fun!

Woolverton Girl said...

Fun! How'd you get those stains off thier hands?? I always hate when I get that powder on my hands when making crystal light.

Andrea said...

Umm they still do have stains on their hands. I just scrubbed them good enough that it wasn't rubbing off on the towel anymore then figured the rest would wash off over time. By the way that art smells really good too!

Lisa said...

What a cute idea! I am going to have to do that with my daughters (2 & 3). Thanks for the idea!