Thursday, December 24, 2009

Snow!


It is truly amazing how fast the weather changes down here. On Wednesday we walked to the park and played outside all afternoon with no jackets. Cali wore a sleeveless dress and leggings. Overnight the wind started literally howling and making all sorts of noises that kept me awake. Today it continued to blast through and when I looked closer there were snow flurries! Actual snow flying through the air! The last time I saw substantial snow in TX was Easter of 2007, neither of the kids were old enough to care much or to remember. This time they were excited, we got bundled up as quick as we could and went out to experience it. Unfortunately the freezing wind was relentless, making my poor, spoiled TX babies miserable. They took refuge in their playhouse for a bit, but even then they didn't last long in the winter weather.

When I first looked out and saw the snow Cali said "I think it's part of Alaska coming down here!"

And yes I realize you can't actually see any snow, so you'll just have to trust me on that one. It was flying through the air like crazy but never did accumulate until later and even then it wasn't even enough to cover the grass.

1 comment:

jen@odbt said...

Hooray for even a little bit of snow on Christmas.