Saturday, March 6, 2010

Organizing MY Stuff pt 2

I came across a wonderful "Organize Your Stuff" challenge on Two Peas. It was created specifically for scrapbook supplies and focuses on one area each week. You can either search for it in the Two Peas Message Boards (they are currently on week 10 - Alphas) or visit Wookiemouse's blog where each week is already posted and you can work through it at your own pace.

Week 9 of the challenge focuses on Alphas and I have to admit I organized practically everything but Alphas last night. I am pretty excited about what I did do though. I built something, and it even involved power tools! Ok, one power tool (drill) but other hand-held tools also (hand saw & miter box).

You have probably seen the "Clip It Up" systems sold for a pretty penny online but one incredible person was kind enough to share her homemade version and it is unbelievably cheap and easy to make! For full directions, supplies, photos, etc. visit the Outta This Funk blog.

I'm sure I spent well under $10 just like her version and it was 100% complete in under 30
minutes, including going into the garage to find the right tools.


And once I did that I was on a roll so I tackled a few more problem areas...

Before: my in-progress Disney album, just stashed on an extra desk in the office.


After: All the supplies for my Disney album in one case, other various mini album supplies in the other. Plus that bottom shelf was just a big pile of random cardboard pieces and other junk I never used. Cleared out the junk and stacked up the cardboard nice & neat under the plastic cases. My largest paper cutter was stashed in the middle shelf although it didn't really fit, now I have my extra page protectors neatly stacked and the magazines I still need to go through. Top shelf is a basket of magnets, Xyron, plate I use for making circles :) and the bucket holds little tickets/maps/coins/mementos.


Before: my catch-all for my frequently used tools but was full of all other types of junk including photos.

After: photos all safe & sound in this tidy little case, plus I went through my whole "catch-all" basket and kept nothing but the essentials in there.

And in the process of all that, I found a grand total of 24 various rub-on sticks.

4 comments:

Woolverton Girl said...

Girl, you are just way too motivated for me. You did a LOT of work!! Looks great! Can't wait to come see it all.

-hilde said...

It looks like you got a so much done - way to go!

Marie said...

Andrea...can you come organize all my scrapbooking stuff? Please :)

alexandra s.m. said...

Good for you! Wow! I'm impressed!
xox