A multi-tasking post for you today... my weekly photo plus a recipe all in one!

Island Vacation Mix
disclaimer: this is more of a "treat" than a healthy snack
2-1/2 cups Corn Chex
2-1/2 cups Rice Chex
2 cups macadamia nuts
1/4 cup butter, cubed
4 tbsp sugar
1 cup flaked coconut
1 6oz pkg dried pineapple, chopped
1 cup white chocolate chips
FOLLOW INSTRUCTIONS CAREFULLY (I didn't!)
In large microwave safe bowl, combine cereal and nuts ONLY. In small microwave safe bowl combine sugar and butter, microwave uncovered until melted and sugar dissolves (1-2 minutes on HIGH). Pour butter mixture over cereal mixture and stir to coat. Cook cereal mixture on HIGH for 2 minutes, stirring once. Now add the coconut, microwave on HIGH for 2 more minutes, stirring once. Spread onto waxed paper to cool. Once it is completely cool you can stir in the pineapple and white chips. Store in an airtight container.


Island Vacation Mix
disclaimer: this is more of a "treat" than a healthy snack
2-1/2 cups Corn Chex
2-1/2 cups Rice Chex
2 cups macadamia nuts
1/4 cup butter, cubed
4 tbsp sugar
1 cup flaked coconut
1 6oz pkg dried pineapple, chopped
1 cup white chocolate chips
FOLLOW INSTRUCTIONS CAREFULLY (I didn't!)
In large microwave safe bowl, combine cereal and nuts ONLY. In small microwave safe bowl combine sugar and butter, microwave uncovered until melted and sugar dissolves (1-2 minutes on HIGH). Pour butter mixture over cereal mixture and stir to coat. Cook cereal mixture on HIGH for 2 minutes, stirring once. Now add the coconut, microwave on HIGH for 2 more minutes, stirring once. Spread onto waxed paper to cool. Once it is completely cool you can stir in the pineapple and white chips. Store in an airtight container.





















4 comments:
Those are really great pictures Andrea! I'll have to try the recipe too, I really liked dried pineapple =)
LOL! I never follow the instructions until after it doesn't turn out the way I intended. Cute mother/daughter photos.
how sweet Andrea!
Greetings from Paris <3
I just found your blog by the SRV on Alexandra blog. Congrats for the challenge, your LO was great!
Valerie
Post a Comment