I am a piler. I am not an organized person. I do not like sorting the mail or deciding what to do with each piece of paper that ends up on my kitchen counters and desk tops, but I am working on it. I was recently inspired by the BH&G special issue titled "Secrets of Getting Organized" I found at Sam's Club for about $6.
Simple phrases like "for every scrap of paper there must be a labeled container. If there isn't, create one" make so much sense! Or this gem: "Toss it, file it, but never pile it." And to stem the paper flow in the first place "be mindful of bringing this junk into your home." Go visit DMAchoice.com right now to opt out of all that junk mail!
Before you start your own system make sure to read this article too: 9 Common Home Filing System Mistakes and Their SolutionsNow I have this lovely (and quite empty!) filing system for all the mail and papers that come into the house. Of course many of them will head right for the recycle bin or go into the more permanent files, but no more piles on the counters!
Tuesday, April 6, 2010
No More Paper Piles
Posted by
Andrea
at
2:00 PM
Labels: household tips
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




















2 comments:
Let me know how it goes. I'm a big piler and saver too. Do you have piles that stack one way then another too?
I'm your opposite. I LOVE to be organized, but my husband is the one that tends to sabotage my efforts. Silly guy.
Oh, and to answer your question about the veggie straws, I got them at Sams club. It looks like these, but we got a big bag for $5 instead of the individual ones.
http://www.samsclub.com/shopping/navigate.do?dest=5&item=483754
Post a Comment