Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Make Your Own Matching Game

I almost forgot I was going to do this as one of Cali's travel activities. It only took me about 30 min. to make a whole set of 18 pairs (36 cards total).



Here's how you can make your own:

1. Gather materials

  • Various patterened papers
  • Large sheet of thin cardboard
  • Paper cutter
  • Craft knife
  • Cutting mat
  • Glue stick
  • Corner Rounder (optional)
2. Cut cardboard into 2"x2" squares. I had a sheet of approx. 12"x12" cardboard that came with some paper packaging. A cereal box would work well too.

3. Cover one side of cardboard square with glue paying close attention to the edges and corners. Adhere to back side of patterned paper*. Trim around the card with craft knife. Make two of each pattern.

4. Round corners if you like**.

There you go, a simple matching game or memory game for your little ones.

Notes:
*Be aware of the pattern, some patterns my be too large and the individual squares won't really "match".
** If the paper and/or cardboard is too thick your corner rounder may not work.

No comments: