Sunday, October 26, 2008

Chalk Ridge Falls



I wish we had gone here sooner! Check out this awesome hike today. The trails were nice, wide, clean, lots to explore. The kids LOVED the waterfall and it was so much fun to watch their excitement and joy. We couldn't believe what a beautiful place this was so close to home. The water was cool, clear and refreshing. As for wildlife we went in the evening so as dusk came we saw lots of deer (some only steps away), then two armadillos, lots of small fish in the streams, and a few teeny tiny frogs. I'm sure we'll be back many more times. If you live near me click for more info.





PS The pics are with our Kodak EasyShare because there's no way I was taking my Rebel hiking, much less into a waterfall.

3 comments:

Tracy Morris said...

We loved it there too, but watch out for the big black snakes!!!!!!!!

Tracy Morris said...

Oh yeah, throw your camera in a bag and call it good! I took my camera back there a bunch of times. Look into USAA personal property insurance, all of my camera equipment is insured with them and it costs like $25 a year. It covers theft, lost, drop and break it...pretty much everything as far as I know. It makes me feel more comfortable taking my camera somewhere it might get damaged, totally worth it IMO.

alexandra s.m. said...

Beautiful pictures!
It looks so warm down there, lucky you!
and thanks to Tracy for the great tip!