Sunday, July 6, 2008

Watch Where You Step

Not to freak anyone out (Dana, don't even look at this!), but some things really are bigger in Texas. Cali was kind enough to point this out to me today. "Look mommy, a big spider. It's dead." Well another 'big' spider just happened to run in front of me so I thought that's the one she meant until she said "No, mommy its right here by me. Next to the Strawberries". We check for strawberries everyday, so we are always right here, right outside our back door. And no, it wasn't dead. I will say I am fairly brave about spiders, but holy smokes! This one was FREAKISHLY HUGE, but what's a mom to do? I grabbed Dave's sandal and gave it a good smack (after taking a photo of course). YUCK that thing literally POPPED open. I won't go into any more detail but man was that GROSS! And honestly it was SO big I felt bad for killing it. If you click on the photo you can see it bigger and in more detail.. it might be a tarantula ?? I actually said to it "Sorry Buddy, but you are way too big and way too close to my house to stay alive right now."

2 comments:

Jessica Ryan said...

oh ew ick gross!!! I am terrified of spiders. How do I kill them? The only way I can muster... put the longest extention on the vacuum possible, and suck it up (and keep sucking to make sure that it can't crawl back out) and scream while I do so. But Andrea, THAT is not a spider and for THAT I would have called Animal Control!!!!

alexandra s.m. said...

One thing for sure: I will NOT be clicking on that pic to see it any larger! Thank you very much!!
I've never seen a spider this big before, but then again I've never been to Texas either!