Monday, December 1, 2008

Cold Care

All of a sudden on Friday I came down with a cold. I felt it coming but hoping it was just my imagination I refrained from buying any of those "early defense" products. The next day I felt completely wiped out and walked around like a sniffly, sneezy, coughing zombie. Luckily my friend Tara told me to try Emergen-C which she swears by. I took my 4 allowed doses that day and woke up the next day feeling like a sniffly, sneezy, coughing human which I considered a great improvement. Today I have a cough here and sniffle there and feeling pretty OK. So I'm going to pass on the word about Emergen-C, its basically a super powered vitamin pack with 1000 mg of Vitamin C among other things. You pour the powder into water let it fizz then drink it down. It really tastes pretty good too. I tried the Tropical and the Tangerine flavors. You can find it in the vitamin aisle, check the top shelf. Or if you're just curious checkout the website and click on SHARE THE GOOD to send someone (including yourself) free samples.

Also have on hand - Puffs Plus with Vicks (mmm yummy Vicks scented tissues!) and one of my long time faves: Traditional Medicinals Gyspsy Cold Care Tea. I can't find it around here but they do carry the Throat Coat & Breathe Easy versions at GNC. Try it, its actually quite delicious.

2 comments:

Midwest Miscellany said...

I LOVE Emergen-C. And I agree it does wonders. When a cold comes on I megadose (like 7 or 8 packs a day). Someone said to take vitamin C until you get diarrhea (that's when your system starts flushing it out) but I've never gone that far.

Hope you'll be completely better soon!

alexandra s.m. said...

Sorry to hear you were feeling poorly. Thanks for the tip.
Rest well.