Sunday, December 27, 2009

That's MY Daddy??

Finally at 630 am I got a call from Atalanta, he was on standby for a morning flight into our regional airport! After breakfast and all I finally told the kids that today was "Christmas Eve" and that Santa had called to tell me that we need to go somewhere and pick up a present that was too big for him to fit in the Sleigh. It worked so well! I never said "airport" but when we got there Cali looked out and said "why are there runways here?" So I said well the present has to come on a plane. After about 30 minutes of some seriously excited kids (and myself!) waiting as patiently as possible here he came...



Right after I turned the video off D started saying "That's MY Daddy?? That's MY Daddy??" It was the cutest ever. We came straight home for lunch and to play a little. Now its naptime and tonight will finally be our "Christmas Eve"!

10 comments:

jen@odbt said...

AWESOME!!! Brought tears to my eyes. I'm so happy for you all. Enjoy your Christmas celebration together. Thank you and thank you to your husband for your sacrifice and service for our country.

Jessica Ryan said...

Merry Christmas to all of you! Santa did good this year!!!

Anonymous said...

AW!!! THat gave me goose bumps!
I'm so happy for you guys.
Enjoy!

Courtney and the Boys said...

Oh, Andrea! What a precious video! I just took video and pictures of my oldest brother's homecoming from Iraq a couple of weeks ago...thank you and your hubby for your sacrifices for me and our country!!!!!

Wilma said...

That's so awesome! Wishing all of you a great time together!

Team Manager said...

I'm so happy for you all right now. I hope D's time home goes by as slowly as possible.

Sarah said...

Merry Christmas!!

alexandra s.m. said...

YEAH!!!!!!
I'm soooo happy for you guys!
Now we can shout it: " MERRY CHRISTMAS! "

XOX

alexandra s.m. said...

HAPPY NEW YEAR TO THE 4 OF YOU!

Carin said...

That is just the best. Brought tears to my eyes. From one mom to another mom who knows what it's like for Daddy to be gone. I'm just so happy for you all!!