Friday, February 5, 2010

Skate Park Fun

These are older pictures, from before the weather got all icky on us. There is a great big park a little way from our house, we don't go there all the time because it is one of the furthest away. As I mentioned before I've been making time to workout and since I have my kids 24/7 (other than Cali's part time preschool) I have to get creative. This park happens to have a track around it plus it is fenced in with a gate that closes.

I knew I could get in a jog if I took them to this park and made sure they were occupied. Since it was early in the day I was worried there wouldn't be any other kids and didn't want my kids to complain of being "bored" so I said they could bring toys along. Cali chose Baby Zoey and a dump truck! D brought a carrying case of Hot Wheels and a bigger monster truck. They played happily while I ran circles around the playground half of the track.

Afterward, the empty skate park at the other half of the track caught their interest and I thought we'd all have fun playing with the car/trucks over there. They had so much fun and wore themselves out completely running up and down all the ramps.

2 comments:

Courtney and the Boys said...

GREAT idea!!! They look like they had so much fun!!!!!!!

jen@odbt said...

How cool you had the skate park all to yourself. You look like you could be ripping/shredding with the best of them :)