Sunday, March 28, 2010

Scrappy Monogram

You may have seen this sneak peek photo on my Shuttercal yesterday...


We had all sorts of fun things to do this weekend but instead I woke up to Diego throwing up in my bed at 7am Saturday morning. Luckily I had the makings for a project I had bought earlier in the week to keep us occupied at home.

To do this project you will need:

Mod Podge or something like it
Paintbrushes of some sort
Scraps of paper (always plenty of those in my scrapbooking stash)
A wooden letter of your choice

Simply apply Mod Podge adhesive with a paintbrush and arrange small scraps of paper as you like. You may want to check for wrinkles in the paper and smooth those out as you go. Work in small sections until you have your letter completely covered. Paper sticking over the edges is fine, you can trim it later. When you're done gluing the papers down go over the whole surface again with at least one layer of Mod Podge. Allow to dry completely, flip the letter over and use a cutting and razor blade to trim away excess paper from edges. Now go hang your masterpieces!

4 comments:

Team Manager said...

Very cute!

Jessica Ryan said...

Fantastic!!

Patrizzia said...

Super cute! I have a question for you. You photo today on your heading was of you kids holding acorn tops. Do you guys see those a lot where you live? I have been searching etsy for bigger tops for a craft project I have been trying to finish.

Courtney and the Boys said...

Super cute!!!