I've already set to work teaching myself about this camera. I really want to use it to its full potential, or at least not rely solely on the Auto function. So here' s the two major things I learned last night (and if you have a Canon Rebel this may benefit you too).
First, on the new XSi model one of the exciting new features is a live-view preview screen. This is a pretty new feature to DSLR so I thought it would be great. Well it is great, but not as simple as you might think. There is a full page of instructions on the Canon website on how to use the Live View feature. The instructions were easy to follow though and I'm now fully informed on this feature. Click here for the link.
Second, I learned a wonderfully easy way to custom adjust the white balance. This is especially useful for bad-lighting situations like indoors in artificial light (i.e. my living room and bathroom). Click here for the youtube video link. Look at the difference in these photos with the white balance on "auto" vs "custom"...

Dave trying to work (notice how yellow the first one is)

Clean laundry sitting next to me I was supposed to be folding (notice how blue the first one is)
Both of the first shots were done on Full Automatic, the Second shots with the Custom white balance set.
Tuesday, September 2, 2008
Custom White Balance on Canon Rebel
Posted by
Andrea
at
5:31 PM
Labels: photography
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




















3 comments:
Excellent... but I am wayyy too lazy! I like to use the automatic settings and then save and edit using photoshop or Picasa and using the I'm Feeling Lucky tool!!!!
See now I'm too lazy to do it after-the-fact plus I don't even have any photo editing software.
GREAT!I LOVE YOUR SUBJECT! LOL
Post a Comment