Thursday, November 20, 2008

Broccoli Shrimp Stir-Fry

Wanted something different for dinner so I checked the freezer - I had a bag of tiny cooked shrimp and 3 bags of broccoli. I started with this recipe and came up with this. Measurements are guess-timates.

1/2 cup chicken broth
2 tbsp reduced sodium soy sauce
1 1/2 tsp cornstarch
2-3 tbsp olive oil
2-3 cups chopped broccoli
1 small onion chopped
2-3 cloves garlic, minced
1 tsp minced ginger root (from the jar)
1-2 tsp sesame oil
1 1/2 cups cooked salad shrimp, thawed

In 1 cup measuring cup mix chicken broth, soy sauce, and cornstarch. Set aside.

Heat olive oil in large skillet or wok over med-high heat. Add broccoli and onions, cook til browned and tender. Add garlic and ginger, stir for just a minute or so then add shrimp and stir another minute or two. Drizzle with a bit of sesame oil. Stir again. Now pour the sauce over, reduce heat to very low and let simmer another minute or two until sauce thickens. Serve over brown rice. Yum!

Diego ate it up including the shrimp, Cali only ate hers after I let her sprinkle it with Parmesan and didn't touch the shrimp although she's had fried shrimp before and loved it.

No comments: