Monday, November 10, 2008

Sea World - San Antonio

Finally made good on our promise to take Cali to Sea World for her birthday. This is our 3rd visit since living in Texas. And as I realized toward the end of the day my first time NOT pregnant. The first time I was 8 months pregnant with Cali, in AUGUST, in TEXAS. Talk about hot and exhausted. The next time I was only 4 months pregnant with D so not as bad but I did miss out on the free beer samples.

We all had a great time this year, and the kids are at a great age to enjoy it all. Cali couldn't wait to go on the rides and kept asking us to find the "kid rides" for her. She was tall enough for the kiddie roller coaster and the paint mixer rides - she did both twice.


They fed the dolphins and watched them come up close and personal. Very exciting! We made sure to see the Shamu show (the best I've seen in the 3 years) and I loved seeing the look of amazement on their faces. Then my favorite the Viva! show with dolphins, belugas, diving, and acrobatics.

Oh and I can't forget the log ride! We weren't sure what the height restrictions were but we saw a kid as small as D sitting with his mom so we went for it. It was basically a roller coaster on water, and it was pretty freaky having my babies that high up in the air on that rickety thing. Cali was a little scared after the first big drop and said she wanted off but before we clicked to the top of the next hill she was asking for more! And after the second great big drop she wanted to do the whole ride again. Dave and D sat up front and got pretty wet on the splashdown, I'm not sure what D thought. He was so tired by then I don't think he cared what we did to him.

This is the first year we've gone in the off-season and we decided it was much easier to do the park in one day with the water park closed. They have a great water park but you have to really rush to do that and the shows and see the animals all in one day, its nearly impossible. Not all the shows are open right now but we still got to see our two favorites. And of course the crowds and lines were nothing compared to summer season. Besides when its 80*F in November and military families get in free, why not go? Oh and if you are military and headed that way DO try to get a room at Lackland AFB, we paid under $100 for two nights in a family suite and its about 15 min from the Sea World entrance.

2 comments:

Jess said...

Aww! It looks and sounds like you had so much fun:) I love the picture of D and the dolphin, did he get to pet them?

alexandra s.m. said...

you guys look like you had so much fun! Do you ever get cold weather?!
Lucky you!!