Friday, January 2, 2009

Favorite Things Friday


My fabulous friend Tiffany started this fun weekly post and I thought I'd join in. Click the icon above to visit her wonderful blog.

1. Keeping up & Catching up with old friends - Between the blogs, Facebook, Myspace, etc. its so easy these days to keep up and catch up with old friends. As a military family its so nice to have these connections when we all have to eventually move on to the next adventure. Oh and I should mention making new friends and keeping up with them is just as fun!

2. January in Texas - I spent many, many, many a winter day way up north in Fairbanks, Alaska. Trust me I KNOW winter so when its 80 and sunny in January I savor every minute of it. I think of my parents and my many friends North of here and I try to enjoy the sunshine for you too.

3. The Cleaning Fairy - If only she really existed my life would be all set. There's so many things I'd rather do than clean. Actually I'd rather create a mess than clean one up. Sometimes when I'm really lucky Dave cleans up after me as I cook or folds laundry, unloads the dishwasher, does the dishes, even cleans off the counters, sweeps and vaccuums. Actually he does those things most of the time when he is home and it makes me so happy! When I've spent so many months doing it all by myself I sure appreciate every little bit of extra help.

2 comments:

Tiffany said...

Love your Fav's, girl! I do have to say a sunny 80 degree afternoon sounds like a little slice of heaven right about now! :) Thanks for joining in the carnival! BTW, if you happen to find that cleaning fairy, give'er my digits! :)

Tiff

Tiffany said...

Okay...perusing and not finding the crockpot meal idea recipe thingy. Give me an email girlie!
XO