If you happened to notice my generic posts this past week its because we were out of town and I set up a few Scheduled Posts to keep you all amused. We took a roadtrip up North to visit my grandparents and other relatives in Missouri. At 12 hours one way its not a trip I'd take by myself with the two kids so we wanted to make it while Dave was home to go with us. I sure appreciate his willingness to wake up at 4am and drive for hours on end as anyone who knows me knows I am not a morning person. We had a wonderful visit and enjoyed the time with my grandparents. They hadn't seen Cali since she was 3 months old and had never met Diego. Every day it was warm enough we bundled them up in layers of clothes added hats and mittens and went out to explore their farm. We even got the chance to drive about 30 miles over to my parents land they will retire on in a few more years. While at my parents' land Cali found what she'd consider a grand treasure!!


She's been fascinated with bones & skeletons for months now so imagine her excitement when we found a real life deer skull by the creek. She could hardly believe her luck. She wanted to bring it home but I told her we should leave it, so instead she made sure I took plenty of pictures "for my scrapbook." She kept asking where all the other bones were. We explained that other animals like mice, squirrels, and coyotes had taken them to chew on. At one point she told me that... other kids came and got the other bones, then they got their glue sticks and glued it back together to make it into a deer again. She's been looking at books about dinosaur fossils and how the scientists glue them back together to form skeletons so I guess she wanted to do the same for this deer.
Saturday, January 17, 2009
Skull Bone
Posted by
Andrea
at
12:06 PM
Labels: family fun, nature
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




















1 comment:
How lucky for her! Too cute.
Post a Comment