When I was little we lived on an Air Force Base and way at the end of our street and not far from our school was a coal burning power plant. It was a great big building with a rotating light on top, one side was green and the other yellow I believe. The colors not important though... The thing is we lived in Alaska where we happen to have lots of Northern Lights, you know Aurora Borealis. Well when I was little my big brother told me that that flashing light on top of the power plant was "THE Northern Lights". And yes I believed him for awhile but one day someone must have explained to me that the light was actually so aircraft didn't hit the big tall building, but I still remember him telling me that.
Sunday, January 11, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




















1 comment:
I like memories such as this one. Thanks for sharing Andy!!
Post a Comment