Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Good News!

From an Army Times article "Gates details plans for deployment, dwell time"...

Gates also brought the committee good news for Army troops and families, providing for the first time a timeline for boosting rest and recuperation time back home. Soldiers now are deployed for 12 months and return home for 12 months; Gates said he expects to increase so-called “dwell time” at home for brigade combat teams to 15 months by October, to two years by October 2010 and 30 months by the end of fiscal 2011.
The changes continue a reversal of dwell time that began in 2007, when Gates increased Army Iraq deployment lengths to 15 months with 12 months back home — which often turned out to be less in reality. Last spring, the Bush administration, on the Pentagon’s recommendation, returned to a 1:1 ratio, shortening future deployments to 12 months with 12 months back home.


Click for full aricle. I just wanted to say... its about time for some good news for us Army folk! Plus, I'll believe it when I see it.

2 comments:

Team Manager said...

I'll take whatever we can get.

alexandra s.m. said...

i wish you all the rest and peace you DESERVE!
alexox